You can upload your roster of students and teachers directly in Subject’s educator portal. After uploading your roster, you will be able to bulk assign them to sections and course enrollments.
Step 1: Login to Subject.com
- Check for an email titled “You've been invited to Subject!”.
- Accept your invite and set a password for your account.
- After creating your account, you will be taken to your school’s Educator Portal.
Step 2: Upload your roster
- Navigate to the Roster page in the lefthand menu.
- Click on the Actions dropdown and select Bulk Invite.
- Download the template and follow the instructions to fill it out.
- Once you’ve filled out the template, return to the Bulk Invite modal and select Upload.
- Upload your completed template.
- If all users in the upload belong to the same section, select that section. All the uploaded users will be added to the selected section. Then skip to Step 4: Enroll your roster.
- Otherwise, if users in the upload belong to different sections, select “Manually assign sections”.
Step 3: Section your roster
- Return to the Roster Page. Now it’s time to assign your users to sections.
- If you need to create a new section, click on the Actions dropdown and select New Section.
- We recommend using the following naming convention for your sections:
- Term and Year - Teacher/Counselor Name
- Summer 2023 - Jane Doe
- Fall 2023 - John Doe
- IMPORTANT: All students and teachers must be assigned to at least one section and may be assigned to multiple sections.
- Use the checkboxes to select users from the table. Then select a section from the dropdown and click Assign.
Step 4: Enroll your roster
- Enrollments on Subject are assigned at the section level.
- Select a section from the dropdown in the top left.
- Use the checkboxes to select students from the table that you want to enroll. Then select a course from the dropdown and click Enroll.
- TIP: To see and edit the enrollments of an individual student, click on their name in the Roster table. This will open up their individual account page.
- To add or remove enrollments, click Edit next to Enrollments.
Step 5: You’re done!
Your students and teachers are now ready to use Subject!
Need additional help?
If you encounter any issues or have questions regarding this process, please reach out to us at email@example.com.