[NEW] Subject now offers a SSO (Single-Sign-On) Integration with Canvas! Follow the instructions below to set up the integration for your school.
1. Communicate with your assigned Subject Customer Success Manager (CSM) that you wish to onboard your school through Canvas SSO (Single-Sign-On). Your CSM will provide you with the necessary information to set up the integration.
Information your CSM will provide:
- Redirect URI
- JSON URL
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
2. Login to your admin account in Canvas.
3. Select Admin in the left global navigation. Then select the name of the account.
4. Select Developer Keys in the left account navigation.
5. In the top right, click [+ Developer Key]. Then click [+ LTI Key].
6. You should now see this page.
7. Enter the following into the boxes on the left side:
Key Name: Subject Platform SSO
Owner Email: email@example.com
Redirect URIs: This will be provided by your CSM.
8. Next, on the right side of your screen, open the Method dropdown and select Enter Url.
9. In the LTI 1.3 Configuration box, paste the JSON URL. This will be provided by your CSM.
10. Then click Save in the bottom right.
11. You should now see the key you created. Select [ON] in the state column.
12. Next, copy-paste the number under the details column. That is your client ID.
13. Reach out to your assigned Customer Success Manager or firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your client ID number. We will need to input this number into our system to validate the integration.
14. Now, return to Canvas and select Settings in the left account navigation.
15. Select the Apps tab.
16. Click [View App Configurations].
17. Click [+ App].
18. In the Configuration Type dropdown, select By Client ID.
19. Paste in the number you copied previously.
20. Click [Submit].
21. You should see this confirmation modal. Click [Install].
22. You should now see Subject Platform SSO in your External Apps.
23. Everyone in your school should now see Subject Platform SSO as a link in their global navigation.
24. Please direct students to use this link to login to Subject. You can send students this article "How can I login through Canvas" with detailed instructions.
Didn't answer your question?
Get in touch with us at email@example.com. You can also speak with a team member live using our Live Chat by clicking the messaging icon in the bottom right corner of your screen.